Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: ?? for Molly Fans

  1. #1
    emsmombuysdolls
    Guest emsmombuysdolls's Avatar

    Post

    DD has just started reading the books so I am not too familiar with Molly yet. I am going to give my niece Molly and her books for Christmas (Thanks MCM!). I want to get her one or two accessories. DD really gets a kick out of playing with the accessories because they are mentioned in the books. What would be the best accessories for Molly? Christmas box? Camping equipment? I want something that is really described in the book to make a connection. Thanks.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member jerseycow6's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9th, 2006
    Posts
    261
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    I like the idea of the Christmas box, since it comes with her doll. Also, if you can get your hands on her birthday party games, the rollerskates and jump-rope in there were pretty prominent in her story... but I guess you can just get the rollerskates, too.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member dolllover's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 4th, 2004
    Posts
    2,583
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Get her Christmas Box or Party Treats, I have a feeling those will be retiring before Emily debuts.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Molly92's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 9th, 2005
    Posts
    168
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I agree I think her Christmas box is a big part of her story and I also lover her school supplies. I was terrable at math as a child (like Molly) and will always remember 7x8=56 from her book "Molly Learns a Lesson" the set comes with tiny flash cards. I love that set.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member jrtmom3274's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 13th, 2004
    Posts
    800
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hand down, Molly's school supplies are my favorite! The camping supplies are also a huge hit with me. I like for all my girls to have their doll, but I'm not wild about Molly's doll. She's a little creepy looking to me.
    What fun it will be to give this gift, whatever you decide!
    Heather

  6. #6
    Inactive Member muppetquilter's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 19th, 2006
    Posts
    341
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I vote for Molly's Christmas box. It is a big part of the book and has such an impact because in the books Molly's dad being overseas is a significant theme, getting the box from Molly's dad is huge. I also vote for her school supplies because they're so universal-- kids went to school and learned multiplication in the 40s and they do it now, it really brings the reality of the past to life. Also, it has a lot of play value.

    The other thing I would suggest is a set of curlers. Molly puts so much effort into trying to curl her hair in the last book, a little girl might want to do the same. If I remember correctly the curlers were originally sold as an accessory for Molly.

    I'm sure she'll be thrilled with whatever you pick. Let us know what you decide on.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •